New features include Surroundview support for IGP products, and a new Rotation tab for RADEON products.
- The Pixel Shader performance of our DX9-class products has improved considerably with Catalyst 4.3.
- Halo and Tomb Raider framerates are up 3-7%.
- Shader-specific technology tests such as ShaderMark show gains in the region of 10-20% or more.
- 3DMark03's Mother Nature scene runs 2-5% faster across the entire DX9 product line. Our 3DMark03 Pixel Shader 2.0 framerate improves 7-15%.
- Aquamark 3 performance has also improved slightly, at higher resolutions.
- Setting the video resolution to 1280x1024 in the game Medal of Honor: Spearhead, along with Anti-Aliasing set to 2x no longer results in the main menu of the game not displaying properly.
- Display corruption is no longer noticed when playing the game Aquanox under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON(tm) 9100 IGP series installed. This issue is was known to occur when specific video options have been customized.
- Running the game Hegemonia under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON 8500 series installed no longer results in all of the main menu options and the 3D textures in the background not being available.
- The operating system no longer fails to respond when launching the game TrackMania with a RADEON 7000 series installed.
- Background colour corruption is no longer seen when playing the game Armed and Dangerous.
- Poor performance is no longer noticed when playing the game Homeworld 2 with extended desktop enabled or when Anti-Aliasing is set to 4x.
- Visual corruption is no longer seen when playing the game Spy Hunter.
- Setting the resolution in the game Enclave to 1024x768 or higher no longer results in display corruption.
- The Windows operating system no longer intermittently fails to respond when playing the game Jedi Knight 2 with the display set to 1024x768 32bpp and the game option set to High Quality.
- Windows problems are no longer noticed when playing the game Homeworld 2 in single player mode.
- Texture corruption is no longer seen when playing the game Battlefield 1942.
ATi se chlubí hlavně nárůstu výkonu v shaderech, ale raději bych počkal na skutečné testy výkonu. Na druhou stranu, společnost opravila mnoho bugů. Pokud si chcete novou verzi stáhnout, zde jsou odkazy:
A světe div se, ATi dokonce vypustilo i novou verzi pro Linux. Poznámky k vypuštění jsou zde:
ATI Proprietary Linux Driver Features
The ATI proprietary Linux driver provides TV Output support for ATI graphics cards that support TV out. The ATI proprietary Linux driver also allows for the following monitor arrangements:
- Laptop Mode (toggle between internal or external screen)
- Clone Mode (same content on both screens)
- Big Desktop (one desktop stretched across two screens)
- Dual Head (separate instances of XFree86 running on each screen
The latest version of the ATI proprietary Linux driver now provides support for the ATI RADEON™ 9800 XT.
Resolved Issues in the ATI Proprietary Linux Driver Version 3.7.6
The following section provides a summary of issues that have been resolved in the latest release of the ATI Proprietary Linux Driver. These include:
- The ATI Proprietary Linux driver no longer fails to load on AMD Athlon systems. Further information on this issue can be found at: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4469.html
- The ATI Proprietary Linux driver version 3.7.6 provides hardware acceleration under WineX. Further information on this issue can be found at: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4470.html
The following section provides a brief description of known issues associated with the latest version of ATI proprietary Linux driver. These include the following:
- 3D Linux applications exhibit tearing in fast moving objects. Further information on this issue can be found at: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4464.html
- TV Display is corrupt after switching resolutions. Further information on this issue can be found at: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4462.html
- 3D Linux applications corrupt or hang with force multi-sample visuals enabled. Further information on this issue can be found at: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4463.html
- ATI Control Panel gamma controls turn the display green. Further information on this issue can be found at: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4461.html